Monday, February 2, 2009

Just a few days until Rome!

I am within a week of being out of here! I will leave the base and fly to Dubai next Monday! It is definitely time for a break. The time has gone a lot quicker this time, but I am really starting to miss Heather as the days get longer and move slower. This last week dragged by. I didn't think it was ever going to end and this one has started out the same. A few interesting things have happened this week that has made it at least a bearable place. We have began an "Activity of the Day". Yesterday was Stranger Rodeo. This is where you just at random jump on someone's back like you are going for a piggy back ride and try to hang on for 8 seconds while they try wildly to buck you off. The day was interesting and full of skinned knees! Other than that, nothing interesting happening here. Hope all is well for everybody. Talk to you all after I get back from Rome!

4 comments:

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Glad you didn't tell the boys about stranger rodeo...I am sure they would have been all about it!

It was great to talk to you on Saturday night! Can't wait to do it again. Enjoy your trip and have lots of fun. Take pictures and don't forget to blog and let us know all about it!

love you and miss you!

Opie said...

Hey big dog hang in there buddy everthing will be okay. when you come back from your trip the days will go by faster. be strong

Anonymous said...

I am glad the day is almost here. I think I am as anxious for you to get away as you are. Have a great time, be safe and enjoy your time with Heather. I will talk to you this weekend before you go.

Love you and counting the days now until you are home.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the anonymous was me, Mom, messed up when posting my comment. Didn't want anyone to think you have a secret admirer. LOL! You know I am not good with the technical stuff.

Love you!!