Monday, March 9, 2009

It was over before I knew it!


First of all, let me say Italy was AMAZING. Heather and I had such a great time. I was so happy to get to spend time with her. We did many things while we were there. We started out spending 3 days in Rome. From there, we went to Venice where we spent 2 days. On to Florence from there for a day. Last, back to Rome for one last hoorah in Rome. There were plenty of sites to see. We saw the Colosseum, The Sistine Chapel, Spanish Steps, Vatican City, The Pantheon, San Marco Square, The David, and even took a gondola ride in Venice!
The food was also an experience. True Italian food is nothing like Olive Garden or Carabba's presents it. In some cases it was better, but it was in every case....different. I have, however discovered a new treat...Crepes! The are the most fantastic dessert choice in Italy. A must try.
Since my return to Baghdad after my all too short vacation; many interesting things have happened. My computer decided that it was fed up with all of the dust. I had to send it back home so it could be taken in to be fixed. So....no more talking on Skype! Shortly after I got back to the station, I was moved to a different site to run it. The station Captain there had to go home on medical leave and the Lieutenant is at home on R&R. So, here I am at South Victory running a station by myself. When I go back to my station, I will only have 6 weeks left until I come home! I am ready to get back.
I have been in contact with a department back home and it is looking like a good possibility that I can get a job there when I get home. Things are going to work out just fine!

1 comment:

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

I am so jealous! One of these days we'll all be rich enough to take a vacation like that together...one of these days! :)

This whole experience will be over before you know it! Enjoy your final days as much as possible (we'll miss you on Skype) and know that you will be back home before you know it.

Can't wait to see you!!!! Miss you lots!

oh, and yes, I saw the post from your mom and wondered (at first) who would be writing it...then it all made sense! Hee hee :)